Position Type : Full time
Type Of Hire : Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired : Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage : 25%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and fun.
About the team
MBP is a real-time, multi-currency deposit and loan core banking system. Developed as a single integrated solution, MBP provides a multitude of configurable features designed to meet the unique business and product needs of retail and commercial financial organizations.
What you will be doing
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works individually or within a team on MBP implementation projects to meet specific client scope
- Defines product scope and associated requirements
- Develops subject matter expertise in areas of the MBP solution
- Serves as liaison between client and FIS teams during implementation projects
- Expertly researches and documents requirements related to system design or enhancement need
- Translates business requirements into MBP configuration or alternatively, identifying gaps
- Architects system parameterization to meet functional needs
- Builds MBP expertise coupled with a solid knowledge of banking & accounting to assist & guide client in streamlining processes and procedures
- Documents and performs system configuration with focus on triggering loan & deposit account events (i.e. interest accrual, interest posting, account maturity, loan billing, transaction processing) and in some cases manages system and back office processing (i.e. End of day processing, system balancing, exception reconciliation)
- Creates detailed specifications from which solutions will be implemented
- Analyzes marketplace, industry, technology trends, best practices, vendor products and services, etc.
- Creates and/or modifies processes and procedures to achieve greater efficiencies and desired results
- Assesses available functionality and recommends solutions to team
- Writes test plans and test cases to ensure enhancements made to applications meet client needs and application integrity is maintained
- Conducts a variety of tests during project lifecycle such as verification, integration, readiness and acceptance tests. Conducts tests using client data to be certain needs will be met
- Influences clients, business partners and service providers regarding priorities, solutions and approaches to parameterization
- Consults directly with clients and may travel to client site
- Mentors, guides, advises less experienced team members
- Plays a key role in educating client on enhancements, new solutions or procedures.
- Serves as pre-sales support specialist when needed
- Assisting Project Manager with risks, issues, and scope as well as helping to manage & set client expectations
- Other related duties assigned as needed
What you bring:
Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of satisfaction for both internal and external clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Willingly shares relevant product and/or industry knowledge and expertise
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on solutioning
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development and conversion methodologies
Bonus if you have:
- Branch banking knowledge
- Financial services' software implementation proficiency
- In-depth knowledge of FIS products and services and financial services industry
- SQL and data analysis competency
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A wide range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply.
If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check)
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.