Position Type :Full time
Education Desired :Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Travel Percentage :0%
Who Are We:
FIS connects consumers to their money through leading-edge payments solutions. We're the development engine of FIS: the largest, Fortune 500, Fintech company in the world. Our solution is branded by our customers - banks and retailers - so you might not have heard of us. But, if you've used a mobile banking app, interacted with an ATM, or used a debit card to complete a financial transaction, you're most likely using FIS software. Our product is one that touches the average consumer on a regular basis, and makes the financial world go 'round.
Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company, ranked 392 on the Fortune 500 list and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500 Index. Named a 2016 "World's Most Admired Company" by Fortune Magazine.
About the team:
The role of the Enterprise Technology Office (ETO) Business Management Team is to enable & elevate the IT functions via governance, cost optimization and financial transparency. This includes fostering partnerships between all IT Functional Leadership and the corporate functions, such as Finance and The People Office, enhancing transparency and ensuring success of strategic and financial objectives, driving cross-functional strategic initiatives and governance of Risk and Security priorities.
The Full Stack Developer will be able to work independently and across multiple development teams on the MySupport product. The MySupport product is a new internal workflow tool used by FIS employees to submit various requests to multiple ticketing systems. Since the MySupport product is a relatively new product, the ideal candidate will be given the responsibility to make technical decisions and must have the leadership skills to effectively collaborate with other teams. The ideal candidate will have Java BPM and Angular JS development experience and work effectively with business analysts. Other areas of responsibilities include working on the Blockworkx platform, learning new technology, design documentation, data analysis, and ownership and assisting in driving/tracking development activities.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
* Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies software
* Interacts with product managers and/or users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
* Participates in software design meetings and analyzes user needs to determine technical requirements.
* Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
* Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications using current programming languages and technologies.
* Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
* May be responsible for developing or executing project plans, budgets and schedules and for documenting work and results.
* May deliver informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups to internal and/or external audiences.
* Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Experience working with Angular, Node.js, mongodb and redis in a Node.js backend environment.\\
* Knowledge of agile development life cycles
* Fluency in developing and understanding sequence diagrams, class models, etc.
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
* Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
* Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
* Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts
* Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher, mentor and coach
* May require in-depth knowledge of database, security, middleware, network and systems management and related infrastructure technologies and practices
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.